it was a dark and stormy night.... seriously, there's an awesome thunderstorm going on

14.8.05 Leave a Comment

Hurrah!! I'm going home for a visit. I never thought the day would come, but I actually miss the john. Well, more accurately, I miss the people I left behind there. But still, I've been reminiscing lately about old haunts. Rather, old haunt. Boston Pizza. BPs. I always hated how other people called it that. Some time last week, to my disgust and surprise, I found myself calling it that.

*totally off-topic but it just popped in my head and I don't want to forget: new song by Nickelback (tuh! I spit upon that name) Photograph... probably one of the worst songs EVER!! I hate it with a passion. Let me quote... "Kim was the first girl I kissed. I was so nervous that I nearly missed." Every time I hear that line I think he's going to say pissed. That would be funny. Alas, he doesn't. I cringe at the mediocrity of that song, and the straightforward, unimaginative lyrics. How do these people make money? If Boring had a lovechild with Talentless, it would be Nickelback. Give me a break Chad Kroeger!! Who really cares about your life! I had to google search to find out your name. That's how memorable you are... I couldn't even remember you name. Actually, that's a bit cruel. I apologize. I just wish more musical groups were as creative in their lyrics as say... the Mars Volta.

I, for a reason unknown to me, don't like it when people use acronyms... or whatever they are called. For instance, Grande Prairie must not...under any circumstance... be called GP. Just as the Barenaked Ladies must never be called the BNL. There are, naturally, a few exceptions to the rule. Calling Saturday Night Live SNL is allowable, but barely. The United Nations is the UN. National Hockey League, NHL. CFL. NFL. etc. etc. However, Boston Pizza is about four syllables... is it really that hard to find the energy to say it?

Of course, then I think to myself. My own name is four syllables and every time I tell someone my name they inevitably will ask, "Is there anything shorter I can call you?" To which I reply, "Hey. Your mom just called. She says you're adopted and wanted to know if you could vacate your room as soon as possible. She needs a place to store her collectors dolls."

*not totally off-topic, but not altogether relevant: my friend C's mom has an entire room for the dolls she collects among which there are a few Jesus dolls which scare the hell out of me.

Every Catholic child's Dream... a talking Jesus or Moses doll!

*totally off-topic, but was triggered by last statement: I bought a Mary pin today. It's awesome!

Right, so I've digressed a bit too far from the intended topic of this blog. I'm going home. I miss everyone. And I miss going to Boston Pizza. So, one of the things I'm going to do, is go there and have supper with all my girlfriends. I'm quite excited to go back, and I plan on taking many pictures, so expect them. And if I fail in that task (which, to be truthful, I likely will) scold me harshly.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles...

1 comments »

  • Ingenium said:  

    re: nickleback. I agree 100%. How such a horrible band is allowed to make ridiculously poor music and actually get media play is completely beyond me. Why are they still around?