Will it ever end?

28.6.05 Leave a Comment

The day is cold, and dark, and dreary; It rains, and the wind in never weary; The vine still clings to the mouldering wall, But at every gust the dead leaves fall, And the day is dark and dreary.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, The Rainy Day

All it does is rain here!!!! For the fourth time, High River has evacuation warnings. Four times in maybe three weeks. High River really has nothing to do with me, but still.... it'll rain, and then there will be a couple days of intense heat. And then it will rain again. Why?!?

So the new job at the dry cleaning place is going pretty well. I've been there just over a week and already I'm working on my own --- which I like. It means that they trust me, and rightly so. Still, it's not the greatest job. It isn't too busy for the majority of my shift but then, in the manner of all bastard customers, they all come at once and bring about a gazillion clothes each. And THEN, I have to tag them all in before I leave. Hey you guys, I've a bloody idea, try coming more than a frickin' half an hour before close!!!! There wasn't too much to learn which kind of sucks. But at least it means that I don't have to think too much, which means I can read a lot or maybe start writing.

That's life here. I work. And then I come home and read. But I ran out of books, so I have to go to the library tomorrow. Stupidly, I took out the same book twice. In my defense, they did have different titles. In Canada, one of Will Ferguson's book is called Generica. However, in the States and the UK it is called Happiness TM. My friend Becky from school recommended Happiness TM. to me. Every time I went in it wasn't there though. Generica was. I took out Generica, and read it. I remember thinking that the book could have been called Happiness itself, and figured that perhaps Happiness TM. was about the same characters. I'm a goddamn genius. So I took out Happiness TM. and just got around to it yesterday, only to realize that I'd already read it. I was actually really disappointed. I didn't have anything to read today at work. Brutal. As usual though, I got through it unharmed.

One last bit of news, not all that thrilling but I feel that I should share it. I have a mosquito bite on the back of my ankle and it has made it swell. Now it is mildly painful to walk and stand. Crappy. Just reminds me of when I was younger and my limbs would swell up to twice the size when I was stung by the pesky little buggers.

Okay, one last thing. Someone should buy me tickets to the Foo Fighters concert here in August. I heard an acoustic version of one of their new songs on the radio and it was incredible. Now I really want to go to see them. My birthday is coming up.... Of course, I would settle for their two disc cd as well.

outie

1 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    Where are the stories? The pictures?