... is it any wonder ...

What the hell happened to April showers?

I don't remember any rhymes about April snowfalls. I thought winter was over. I know I'd complain if it were raining all the time. Rain makes my hair frizz out. It makes everything muddy. It makes worms crawl onto the sidewalk so it's like walking through a field of non-life threatening land mines of gross squishy-ness.

Still, I love using umbrellas. I love coming up with nasty things to yell at people if they splash me as they are driving by. I love Singing in the Rain... the movie. It's classic. I just wish I could make myself swing around light posts like that.

At the moment, mostly I'd just like to have a little rain because this weather is making me frosty. It makes me think nasty thoughts.

I was thinking to myself earlier about whether or not I'll ever get married and have kids. My beautiful oldest sister is pregnant with number three. So, it just got me thinking if I would ever have any of my own. I know that I'd like to. Not any time soon that's for sure. Still, I was trying to picture it. I couldn't. In my head, I see only two scenarios.

One: the only guy I ever love and want to have children with won't want me

or

Two: the man I marry dies within the first year of marriage

When the weather doesn't quite meet up to my standards I get like this. Unfortunately, that's most of the time. Maybe I should move somewhere... I don't know... not in Canada. I wonder if I'd be happier by the equator. Or in a plastic bubble. I need more sun. I need more warmth. But not too hot, because I faint.

Kind of a funny story, I was at a wedding with my second oldest sister during the summer. It was a nice breezy day. I was in a big church. No one was standing remotely close to me. The doors were wide open and air was circulating. I still managed to faint. I even sat with my head between my legs for about ten minutes. No such luck. As I tried to walk outside for air, I blacked out but didn't pass out. I just couldn't see. I managed to sit on a pew and then two people helped me outside where I finally collapsed. Thank GOD the bride and groom didn't notice. Still, for the rest of the evening I had every single friend and family member come and ask me how I was doing or what was wrong. It's amazing how annoying it gets when you have no real answer other than... "I overheated." I'm such a dork.

What can you do?

1 comments »

  • Unknown said:  

    wow... you're so positive. No wonder your husband will die in the first year. His heart will explode from all the negativity.

    I'm joking of course. I think I might have you beat on the seasonal affective disorder mood swings and no one around me has kicked the bucket yet.

    There's still hope.